1. Certification in Brief
In December 2001, the State General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People's Republic of China issued the Regulations for Compulsory Product Certification. The Compulsory Product Certification System began to replace the original Quality License System for Commodity Inspection and Safety Certification System for Electrical Equipment.
The abbreviation of China Compulsory Product Certification is CCC or 3C. It is the statutory compulsory safety certification system and the basic approach to safeguard the consumers' rights and interests and protect the personal and property safety, which is adopted widely by international organizations.
China Compulsory Certification System came into force since May 1, 2002. In accordance with the joint announcement No.38  by the State General Administration for Quality Supervision and Inspection and Quarantine of the People's Republic of China and the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People's Republic of China, the time for implementing the supervision and management of the market for compulsory product certification was decided on August 1, 2003.
The Products subject to Compulsory Product Certification covers 135 products divided into 20 categories, including household appliances, motor vehicles, motorcycles, safety glasses, medical devices, lighting apparatus, cables and wires...etc. CQC is appointed to undertake the work of compulsory product certification for 17 categories within the CCC catalogue.
2. Certification Scope
01 Electrical wires and cables
02 Switches for circuits, Installation protective and connec...
03 Low-voltage electrical apparatus
04 Small power motors
05 Electric tools
06 Welding machines
07 Household and similar electrical appliances
08 Audio and video apparatus
09 Information technology equipment
10 Lighting apparatus
11 Motor vehicle and safety parts
12 Motor vehicle tyres
13 Safety glasses
16 Telecommunication terminal equipment
19 Detectors for intruder system
21 Decoration materials
3. Certification process
1) Submit application form，confirm the related cost;
2) Submit full unit of documents，CQC product certification engineer will finish data review, unit assignment, sample submission and sample test notification within one week;
3) Sample test（Must be test in CQC testing agency or cooperative agency）;
4) After passing the test, the testing organization will report the result to China quality certification center. The test cycle will increase if there is unqualified and need rectification;
5) Factory inspection. China quality certification center will arrange factory inspection after receiving the sample test result;
6) After receiving the sample test report and factory inspection report, China quality certification center will evaluate. If qualified, certification certificate shall be issued to the applicant within one week;
7) Continuous supervision audit
4. CCC Marking