Low Voltage Directive
Subject matter and scope
The purpose of this Directive is to ensure that electrical equipment on the market fulfils the requirements providing for a high level of protection of health and safety of persons, and of domestic animals and property, while guaranteeing the functioning of the internal market.
This Directive shall apply to electrical equipment designed for use with a voltage rating of between 50 and 1 000 V for alternating current and between 75 and 1 500 V for direct current, other than the equipment and phenomena listed in Annex II.
EU declaration of conformity
1. The EU declaration of conformity shall state that the fulfilment of the safety objectives referred to in Article 3 and set out in Annex I has been demonstrated.
2. The EU declaration of conformity shall have the model structure set out in Annex IV, shall contain the elements specified in Module A as set out in Annex III and shall be continuously updated. It shall be translated into the language or languages required by the Member State in which the electrical equipment is placed or made available on the market.
3. Where electrical equipment is subject to more than one Union act requiring an EU declaration of conformity, a single EU declaration of conformity shall be drawn up in respect of all such Union acts. That declaration shall contain the identification of the Union acts concerned including their publication references.
4. By drawing up the EU declaration of conformity, the manufacturer shall assume responsibility for the compliance of the electrical equipment with the requirements laid down in this Directive.
General principles of the CE marking
The CE marking shall be subject to the general principles set out in Article 30 of Regulation (EC) No 765/2008.
Rules and conditions for affixing the CE marking
1. The CE marking shall be affixed visibly, legibly and indelibly to the electrical equipment or to its data plate. Where that is not possible or not warranted on account of the nature of the electrical equipment, it shall be affixed to the packaging and to the accompanying documents.
2. The CE marking shall be affixed before the electrical equipment is placed on the market.
3. Member States shall build upon existing mechanisms to ensure correct application of the regime governing the CE marking and shall take appropriate action in the event of improper use of that marking.
EQUIPMENT AND PHENOMENA OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THIS DIRECTIVE
Electrical equipment for use in an explosive atmosphere
Electrical equipment for radiology and medical purposes
Electrical parts for goods and passenger lifts
Plugs and socket outlets for domestic use
Electric fence controllers
Specialised electrical equipment, for use on ships, aircraft or railways, which complies with the safety provisions drawn up by international bodies in which the Member States participate.
Custom built evaluation kits destined for professionals to be used solely at research and development facilities for such purposes.
CE certification process for LVD
Submit application form and product instruction
Confirm the test standard and prepare the test sample
Submit test sample and EN standard test
Submit manual, drawing, schematic diagram, part list, wiring diagram etc.
Reports and technical files review by NB
Issue CE certificate
Related documents download
Shanghai GOM, as the professional CE certification organization，can provide the latest EU standards of product testing and certification services。
Tel：021-34122669 18018853504 Mr Chen