Noise emission in the environment by equipment for use outdoors
1. This Directive applies to equipment for use outdoors listed in Articles 12 and 13 and defined in Annex I. This Directive only covers equipment that is placed on the market or put into service as an entire unit suitable for the intended use. Non-powered attachments that are separately placed on the market or put into service shall be excluded, except for hand-held concrete-breakers and picks and for hydraulic hammers.
2. The following shall be excluded from the scope of this Directive:
— all equipment primarily intended for the transport of goods or persons by road or rail or by air or on waterways,
— equipment specially designed and constructed for military and police purposes and for emergency services.
BASIC NOISE EMISSION STANDARD
For the determination of the sound power level of equipment for use outdoors as defined by Article 2(1) the basic noise emission standards
EN ISO 3744:1995
EN ISO 3746:1995
may generally be used subject to the following general supplements:
1. Measurement uncertainty
2. Operation of source during test
3. Calculation of surface sound pressure level
4. Information to be reported
5. Additional microphone positions on the hemispherical measurement surface (EN ISO 3744:1995)
6. Environmental correction K2A
EC DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
The EC declaration of conformity must contain the following particulars:
— name and address of the manufacturer or his authorised representative established in the Community
— name and address of the person who keeps the technical documentation
— description of the equipment
— conformity assessment procedure followed, and, where appropriate, name and address of the notified body
— measured sound power level on an equipment representative for this type
— guaranteed sound power level for this equipment
— a reference to this Directive
— the declaration that the equipment conforms to the requirements of this Directive
— where appropriate, the declaration(s) of conformity and references of the other Community Directives applied
— the place and date of the declaration
— particulars of the signatory authorised to sign the legally binding declaration for the manufacturer or his authorised representative established in the Community.
The CE conformity marking must consist of the initials ‘CE’ taking the following form:
Iff the CE marking is reduced or enlarged according to the size of the equipment the proportions given in the above drawing must be respected. The various components of the CE marking must have substantially the same vertical dimension which may not be less than 5 mm.
The indication of the guaranteed sound power level must consist of the single-number of the guaranteed sound power in dB, the sign LWA and a pictogram taking the following form:
If the indication is reduced or enlarged according to the size of the equipment the proportions given in the above drawing must be respected. However, the vertical dimension of the indication should, if possible, not be less than 40 mm.
Shanghai GOM Testing & Technical Co.,Ltd., professional third-party certification company, provide you with an authoritative CE certification service, please contact us 021-34122669. 18018853503