ROHS TEST & CERTIFICATION
DIRECTIVE 2011/65/EU on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment
This Directive lays down rules on the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) with a view to contributing to the protection of human health and the environment, including the environmentally sound recovery and disposal of waste EEE.
1. This Directive shall, apply to EEE falling within the categories :
1) Large household appliances.
2) Small household appliances.
3) IT and telecommunications equipment.
4) Consumer equipment.
5) Lighting equipment.
6) Electrical and electronic tools.
7) Toys, leisure and sports equipment.
8) Medical devices.
9) Monitoring and control instruments including industrial monitoring and control instruments.
10) Automatic dispensers.
11) Other EEE not covered by any of the categories above.
2. Without prejudice to Article 4(3) and 4(4), Member States shall provide that EEE that was outside the scope of Directive 2002/95/EC, but which would not comply with this Directive, may nevertheless continue to be made available on the market until 22 July 2019.
3. This Directive shall apply without prejudice to the requirements of Union legislation on safety and health, and on chemicals, in particular Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, as well as the requirements of specific Union waste management legislation.
4. This Directive does not apply to:
(a) equipment which is necessary for the protection of the essential interests of the security of Member States, including arms, munitions and war material intended for specifically military purposes;
(b) equipment designed to be sent into space;
(c) equipment which is specifically designed, and is to be installed, as part of another type of equipment that is excluded or does not fall within the scope of this Directive, which can fulfil its function only if it is part of that equipment, and which can be replaced only by the same specifically designed equipment;
(d) large-scale stationary industrial tools;
(e) large-scale fixed installations;
(f) means of transport for persons or goods, excluding electric two-wheel vehicles which are not type-approved;
(g) non-road mobile machinery made available exclusively for professional use;
(h) active implantable medical devices;
(i) photovoltaic panels intended to be used in a system that is designed, assembled and installed by professionals for permanent use at a defined location to produce energy from solar light for public, commercial, industrial and residential applications;
(j) equipment specifically designed solely for the purposes of research and development only made available on a business-to-business basis.
Restricted substances maximum concentration values tolerated by weight in homogeneous materials
Lead (0,1 %)
Mercury (0,1 %)
Cadmium (0,01 %)
Hexavalent chromium (0,1 %)
Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) (0,1 %)
Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) (0,1 %)
EU declaration of conformity
1. The EU declaration of conformity shall state that it has been demonstrated that the requirements specified in Article 4 have been met.
2. The EU declaration of conformity shall have the model structure and shall contain the elements specified in Annex VI and shall be updated. It shall be translated into the language or languages required by the Member State on the market of which the product is placed or made available.
Where other applicable Union legislation requires the application of a conformity assessment procedure which is at least as stringent, compliance with the requirements of Article 4(1) of this Directive may be demonstrated within the context of that procedure. A single technical documentation may be drawn up.
3. By drawing up the EU declaration of conformity, the manufacturer shall assume responsibility for the compliance of the EEE with this Directive.
Shanghai GOM Testing and Technical Co., Ltd.(GOM) is famous for its global service in testing and certification business. We focus on the certification, testing, inspection and standard training for products approaching markets including Europe, America, and Russia etc. We are authorized by several European Notified Body and Russian Official Certification Authorization to directly accept application from manufacturers or trading company, to help their products comply with requirements of international regulation and standard, to help enterprises eliminate trade and technology barrier, to improve competition of “Made in China”