Part 1: Definition
Packaging machines are machines that complete stages of the packaging process. Examples stages of the packaging process include filling, sealing, wrapping, strapping, labeling, coding and also dismantling and washing before such process.
Part 2: Classification
According to the definition, example machines are sealing machine, cartonner, wrapping machine, labeller, packaging line and strapping machine etc.
Part 3: Directives and standards for packaging machine
1)Directives：Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
2)Standards：EN ISO 12100:2010, EN 60204-1:2006/AC:2010,C-type standards（If applicable）
C-type products list:
EN 415-1:2014 Safety of packaging machines — Part 1: Terminology and classification of packaging machines and associated equipment
EN 415-3:1999+A1:2009 Safety of packaging machines - Part 3: Form, fill and seal machines
EN 415-5:2006+A1:2009 Safety of packaging machines - Part 5: Wrapping machines
EN 415-6:2013 Safety of packaging machines - Part 6: Pallet wrapping machines
EN 415-7:2006+A1:2008 Safety of packaging machines - Part 7: Group and secondary packaging machines
EN 415-8:2008 Safety of packaging machines - Part 8: Strapping machines
EN 415-9:2009 Safety of packaging machines—Part 9: Noise measurement methods for packaging machines, packaging lines and associated equipment, grade of accuracy 2 and 3
EN 415-10:2014 Safety of packaging machines - Part 10: General Requirements
EN 1034-26:2012 Safety of machinery—Safety requirements for the design and construction of paper making and finishing machines — Part 26: Roll packaging machines
Part 4、CE certification procedure for woodworking machine
Basic certification procedure is as follows：
Part 5: Safety notice for the CE certification of packaging machinery
1. Adequate safety guard should be provided for the hazard presented from transmission mechanism including rollers/chains/belts
2. Packaging machines are constructed to handle a range of products and pack size. If it is performed manually for the changing from size to size, conditions, like weight of the parts to change are greater than 25Kg or their location on the machine is awkward, should be avoided.
3. Pneumatic and hydraulic equipment may present crushing, shearing, ejection of parts explosion and injection of fluid hazards. In addition hydraulic oil and pneumatic lubricating oil are a potential fire hazard and can contaminate agri-foodstuffs.
4. Some packaging materials are potential hazardous to persons operating or in the vicinity of the packaging machine. Hazards are but not limited to inhalation of harmful substances, fire or explosion e.g. flammable liquids, or biological hazard e.g. vaccines
5. Some packaging machines are used to pack food, thus sterilization should be taken into consideration
Shanghai GOM Testing and Technical Co., Ltd.(GOM) is famous for its global service in testing and certification business. We provide professional CE certification on the Machinery CE certification, Construction products CE certification, Electrical appliance CE certification, Personal protective equipment CE certification, Wreless products CE certification etc.
Contact us: Tel: 021-34122669 18018853504